Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's been two weeks since we updated this blog. For that I'd like to apologize - May + being students = exams and no time for scrapping. However, we have our last exams of the semester during the first days of next week, and have scrapping "booked" for Wednesday night.

Even though we haven't had time to scrap lately, we got some shopping done today. I don't know about you, but I love to scurry about scrap-stores. But, if you're reading this, I guess you do, too?

This post doesn't have any Layouts in it, but a few of today's finds...


Sassafras, which is a new brand to me, brought me this lovely retro-looking patterned paper. I got just one (Fawned of You), but I think I have to go back for a few more. Just in case...

I got a few others as well; Fruit Slice Land and Picadilly. They had some lovely Sassafras rub-ons as well, which I'm considering.





For some time now, I've been kinda in love with Making Memories' Noteworthy-series. After opting my choices while in the store, I decided to get just one of the papers, and try to make something good with it, maybe using one or two of the Sassafras stickers from the same collection as the papers above. The photo(s) to be used hasn't been decided on, but I hope to have something to show very soon.





I didn't show these in my last entry here, but speaking of the Making Memories Noteworthy-series, I made this layout with the last patterned paper I got. Flowers are from Prima, while the rub-on is, if I recall correctly, from Daisyd's.

The picture is one of our cats, Arya, during her first summer with us. She was around 3-4 months old, and out exploring the garden for the first time. Right after the photo was shot, she shot off chasing a bird, hence the journaling.



Lastly, I'd like to remind you to take a look at the on-sale paper. There will always be trends, even in the scrapbooking world, but trends and fashions are not to be followed just to be followed. I can only speak for myself, but I love peering at the on-sale papers, and I always find a treasure or two. Today I found several papers from Crate Paper. Originally looking for lime-colored paper to do a challenge, I turned the paper around and found this lovely polkadotted light turquoise color. Instead of picking up just one, I got two more, so that I can make a double layout. I found another similar paper, with a more lavender color. Unfortunately I found just one, and not two.

That's all for now, but we will update as soon as we have something new to show off! :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for commenting my newest in my blog, Margrethe! I liked what you said about things on sale in this post, it`s very true and a good reminder to all of us!:)

Frøken Strøken said...

I might not comment all the time, but I take the time to read the blogs I subscribe to - yours being one of them :)

And keep in mind, one should always check out the cheap paper :D

anne jorunn said...

Deilig med shopping!! Dere fortjener nok litt scrappeshopping midt i all eksamenslesingen!!
Har gitt dere en circle of friends award. Sjekk bloggen min!:-)

Frøken Strøken said...

Det synes jeg vi også fortjener :) Scrapping er nå planlagt til søndag :)